Thursday 18 June 2009

Emulator gaming - Buggy Boy completed

I'm not a gamer. I've never been really interested in computer games. But, some games, sometimes...

I've been trying to race through all five tracks in Buggy Boy (Amiga version) for some time. Not as many hours as days, just every now and then. Today I made through the rest of the tracks I hadn't completed!

I haven't checked out the backgrounds of the game, but it seems like old coin-op game. And probably this Amiga version is ported from C64 version.

I'm using WinUAE and genuine Commodore VG-200 AG joystick, connected to SoundBlaster Live! Player 5.1 through an adapter (digital -> analog) built by myself. For some reason some music plays incorrectly in WinUAE. Sometimes WinUAE also has halted completely, when the car hits an object. Lately that hasn't happened.

P.S: I'm also trying to complete Wizball (Amiga version). As I recall, Wizball is the only game I've ever completed. I did it a few times on Amiga.
Mercenary - Escape from Targ is on the "list" too, but I guess completing it takes a lot of time.
Why not trying Ikari Warriors, but that requires another player to make it really entertaining. And I would need to upgrade my joystick/adapter system...

Possible next blog text: using a cheap telescope as DSLR tele lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment